Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Go to your "Happy Place"

So because I hadn't been to the gym for a month and I had been doing a bad job with the diet...The south hill location of OZ Fitness had some big dark symbolic cloud hanging over it in my mind. It was a fight against myself...I know I should go....but I feel stupid I haven't gone...I just don't want to go...etc. All this would go through my mind everytime I drove past or thought about the gym. So yesterday I just made it an appt. at 1:30 and said I HAD TO BE THERE! I told my tranier Dan(who wasn't available yesterday) I would be there and I knew he would check up on me. So bottom line...I was now accountable to be there.


So I show up to the OZ fitness and within minutes of beginning my workout I feel incredibly refreshed and positive. It was like my Happy Place...go to your Happy Place Kevin(little Happy Gilmore reference for ya)! First of all the trainers that work there all came by and said HI and "great to see you". I saw some of the people I hadn't seen for awhile as well and that was nice. One guy that I've known for years was there(we only really see each other at the gym) . He said "man I thought we lost ya...glad to see you back at it...GREAT JOB". Needless to say the place that I thought had a dark cloud over it(mainly because of my failure to stick with it), was really the complete opposite. Workout felt good and it was nice to sweat for awhile!

I'm looking forward to getting there again today.

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe nobody has commented on your blog. Great job getting back on track and into the happy place. I had a rough year in '08 but am back on track today.

    I'll be checking back!!! Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. It's good to hear from somebody. I was started to think I was the only person in Spokane trying to lose weight and get in shape. :) Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete